Designed for students with little previous ShareFile experience. Learn the skills required to implement ShareFile components including the ShareFile for Windows client, XenApp and XenDesktop client, and StorageZones.
Learn to integrate ShareFile with key backend elements including Microsoft ADFS for single sign-on and understand the data flow behind it. Also learn to navigate the ShareFile control plane user interface.
At the end of the course students will be able to configure and manage their ShareFile environments to address their Enterprise File Sharing and Sync requirements.
Students looking to deploy or manage ShareFile in their XenApp and XenDesktop environment will find Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Essentials to be a good compliment to CXD-203 Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, or CXD-300 Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6.
After completion of this course, students looking to expand their knowledge around ShareFile use in a XenMobile environment may consider taking course CXM-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile. It covers broad XenMobile topics and focuses on the use of ShareFile within a Mobility Environment using XenMobile as the Identity Provider (IdP), for single sign-on.
Students interested in learning how to implement ShareFile features using leading practices.
- Implementers / Engineers
Recommended pre-requisite courses:
- CXD-103 - Citrix XenDesktop 7 Tips and Tricks
- CXD-203 - Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
- CXD-300 - Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Understand ShareFile architecture
- Navigate the ShareFile administration interface
- Build StorageZones
- Manage ShareFile users in an Active Directory environment
- Integrate ShareFile in an existing Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment
- Deploy ShareFile Clients on Windows physical and virtual desktops
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook using a ShareFile Plug-in
- Monitor and Troubleshooting a ShareFile Environment
Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Overview
- Enterprise Document Sharing Use Cases
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud concepts
- EFSS Legal Basics
- Control Plane
- Data Storage Options (Azure, Amazon, Enterprise)
- Security (File Encryption, Password Policy, DLP Overview)
- Folder Administration
- Advanced Preferences
- Manual User setup
- Components data flow
- Restricted Zones Overview
- Connectors Overview (CIFS, SharePoint)
- ShareFile User Management (UMT) Tool
- Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) Overview
- ShareFile Authentication
- Windows and XenDesktop and XenApp Client
- Mobile Clients
- Outlook Plug-in
- Getting Started
- File Management
- Preference Customization
Troubleshooting and Management
- Authentication and Access Issues
- Component upgrade
- Component monitoring