Learn to deploy and manage your XenApp and XenDesktop apps and desktops in Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services.
You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment. For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on the Azure platform.
This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location, however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed XenApp and XenDesktop sites.
If you are planning to move to Citrix Cloud, it is recommended that you enroll in CXD-252 Moving to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure which includes both Citrix Cloud architecture and administration in addition to the content covered in this course in a 5-day format.
- Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Module 1: XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
Module 2: XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 3: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Module 4: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 5: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Module 6: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 7: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps