Improve your XenApp and XenDesktop image management and performance with Provisioning Services.
Learn to install and configure a highly available Provisioning Services farm according to leading practices. In this course, you will learn about the architecture, communication, and processes that make up Provisioning Services to be successful with deploying and managing a farm.
Manage and integrate vDisks and target devices with XenApp and XenDesktop for easy rollback, upgrades, and performance of Virtual Delivery Agent machines. At the end of this course you will be able to install, configure and manage the Provisioning Services solution.
You will learn
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture and communication
- How to install and configure a Provisioning Services farm
- How to deploy Provisioning Services target devices for use with XenApp and XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agents
- How to manage a Provisioning Services farm, vDisks, and target devices
- Understand Provisioning Services redundancy and failover
Built for experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop who need to plan for, implement, or manage a Provisioning Services environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects.
Foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration.
- Module 1: Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
- Module 2: Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
- Module 3: Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
- Module 4: Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
- Module 5: Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Module 6: Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
- Module 7: Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images