This advanced 5-day training course covers design principles for creating a practical XenApp and XenDesktop virtualization solution.
As part of this training, you will assess existing environments and explore different scenarios to link business requirements to design decisions.
This course follows the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lecture, lab exercises and interactive discussions. You will also learn about additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning. This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
What you’ll learn?
- How to assess relevant information in existing environments in order to identify risks and areas for improvements in the design.
- Core XenApp and XenDesktop design decisions and how to apply them to business requirements for a practical solution.
- To design a XenApp and XenDesktop disaster recovery plan and to understand different disaster recovery strategies.
- To design and configure active/active and active/ passive multilocation environments-.
Is this course for you?
Built for IT Professionals with significant experience with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health or guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
This course requires extensive experience with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x as well as experience with NetScaler Gateway and supporting infrastructure. Citrix recommends completion of both the XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x administration and advanced administration courses or similar experience prior to attending this course.
Citrix Versions Covered
This course is currently based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15.
Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V)
Module 1: Design Methodology and Readiness Assessment
- Project Methodology
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
Module 2: User Location and Connectivity
- Endpoints and Peripherals
- Citrix Receiver
- Network Connectivity
Module 3: Access Architecture and Store Design
- StoreFront Stores
Module 4: Access Scalability, Redundancy and Security
- NetScaler and StoreFront Scalability and Redundancy
- Access Matrix
Module 5: Image Management Strategy and Design
- FlexCast Model Assignment
- VDA Scalability
- Image Provisioning Strategy
Module 6: Application Delivery
- App Delivery Options
- Tieing App Analysis to Delivery Choices
Module 7: Personalization Design
- Profile Strategy
Module 8: XenApp and XenDesktop Site and Administrative Design
- Site Design and Pod Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Site Design
- Catalogs and Delivery Groups Management and Administration Design
- Site Scalability and High-Availability
Module 9: Physical Resource Design
- Hardware and Hypervisor Selection
- Resource Pool Design
- Hardware Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Module 10: High-Availability and Multi-Location Solutions
- Multi-Location Considerations Overview
- Access in a Multi-Location Solution
- Image Management Considerations
- Multi-Location Profiles and Data Considerations
- Printing in a Multi-Location Solution
- Site Design and FMA Zones
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Considerations
Module 11: Disaster Recovery Planning and Design
- Disaster Recover Levels
- Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Recovery Process