In this three-day course, candidates will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles.
In interactive labs, candidates will explore firewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect their network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide candidates with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations' networks.
Candidates who plan to attend the FortiGate Infrastructure course should first have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security.
- Knowledge of network protocols
- A basic understanding of firewall concepts
You will learn
After completing these courses, candidates will be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Authenticate users using firewall policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Implement a dialup IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient
- Collect and interpret log entries
- Introduction to FortiGate and the Security Fabric
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- Logging and Monitoring
- Certificate Operations
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- SSL VPN
- Dialup IPsec VPN
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP)
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser with HTML 5 support
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.