Management of Risk – M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner is an intensive course which aims at providing you with a detailed knowledge of this best practice to managing risks well as enabling your successful Management of Risk certification exam at Practitioner level.
For dansk kursusbeskrivelse se her
- Learn and understand the details of the M_o_R methodology, principles and process
- Understand the benefits that M_o_R can bring to organisations
- Appreciate how M_o_R principles can support Corporate Governance
- Consider the management of risk from Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational perspectives
- Apply a range of risk management techniques to real world situations
- Pass the M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner exams
Participating in this course will provide you with a detailed knowledge of the M_o_R principles, processes and techniques for identifying, assessing, planning for and managing risks. You will also gain a thorough understanding of the benefits of managing risks from Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational perspectives.
This course is relevant if you or your organisation need a practical approach to managing risk based on best management practice. You may be a manager or have a support function, which requires that you have a detailed understanding of various aspects of the management of risk and the key management documents that should be created.
It is recommended that you have a reasonable understanding of risk within your organization, as you may be asked to work through you own examples as part of the course.
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the official M_o_R manual and a precourse workbook including exercises for app. 15 hours of recommended preparation. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual.
The course is held as an intensive 5-day daytime course from 9.00 to 17.30 on Days 1 – 4 and from 9.00 to 13.00 on Day 5. Evening work should be expected.
As participant, you are expected and encouraged to contribute actively during the course activities which will alternate between practical exercises and theoretical reviews.
Day 3 concludes with a 60-minute Foundation exam. The exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 75 questions. In order to pass the exam, you must have minimum 35 correct answers. You will receive your exam result immediately after the exam.
The 3 hour Practitioner exam on Day 5 consists of 4 questions worth 80 marks in total. A minimum score of 40 marks is required to pass. If English is not your mother-tongue, you can request an extra 30 minutes for the exam. It is permitted to bring the M_o_R manual to the exam.
PeopleCert will mark your exam papers, and you will usually receive a preliminary result within 30 min. and your final result within app. 2 workdays. Your Practitioner certificate is valid for 5 years. If you re-take the exam within the 5 years, you can maintain your title as Registered Practitioner.
- Defining risk and risk management
- Identifying common risk management problems and how M_o_R can help overcome them
- An overview of the eight principles underpinning the M_o_R
- How the principles support Corporate Governance
- A detailed explanation of the process model and lifecycle that form the basis of the M_o_R method
- Key M_o_R documents used in association with the process M_o_R Techniques
- Application of techniques to identify, assess, plan and implement risk management and support communications and reporting
M_o_R Embedding Techniques
- Practise use of the Risk Management Healthcheck and Maturity Model Assessment techniques.
M_o_R Foundation exam preparation
- Review of typical exam questions, mapped against key areas of the M_o_R manual.
- How to structure your time during the exams
- Practise examination multiple-choice questions
M_o_R Practitioner exam preparation
- Review of a case study and sample exam questions, mapped against key areas of the M_o_R manual.
- How to structure your time during the exams
- Practise different types of Practitioner objective testing format, multiple-choice questions
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the official M_o_R manual and a precourse workbook including exercises. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual.
Trainers and course materials are accredited by PeopleCert.
The course and examination is held in English.
- The official Cabinet Office Manual – Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners
- M_o_R Pre-course Workbook
- Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course
- M_o_R Foundation exam
- M_o_R Practitioner exam
- Lunch, tea and coffee during the course
Accredited M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioner training is provided by Peak Consulting Group, accredited by PeopleCert Examination Institute