M_o_R Practitioner is an intensive course which aims at consolidating your knowledge of the M_o_R risk managenemt method as well as enabling your successful completion of the M_o_R Practitioner exam.
For dansk kursusbeskrivelse se her
- Understand how M_o_R could be applied to real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment
- Gain respected and internationally acknowledged risk management qualifications.
Participating in this course will provide you with a detailed knowledge of the M_o_R principles, processes and techniques for identifying, assessing, planning for and managing risks.
Upon a successful completion of your exam, you will be accredited as Management of Risk Practitioner.
This course is relevant if you or your organisation need a practical approach to managing risk based on best management practice. You may be a manager or have a support function, which requires that you have a detailed understanding of various aspects of the management of risk and the key management documents that should be created.
You must be certified at M_o_R Foundation level to participate in the course and take the Practitioner exam.
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the official M_o_R manual and a precourse workbook including exercises. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual.
The course is held as an intensive 2-day daytime course. On Day 1, the course runs from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., and on Day 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please note that evening work will be required.
The course is held using materials and exam in English.
As participant, you are expected and encouraged to contribute actively during the course activities which will alternate between practical exercises and theoretical reviews.
The 3 hour Practitioner exam on Day 2 consists of 4 questions that are worth 80 marks in total. A minimum score of 40 marks is required to pass. If English is not your mother-tongue, you can request an extra 30 minutes to answer the exam questions.
It is permitted to bring the M_o_R manual to the exam.
PeopleCert will mark your exam papers, and you will usually receive your final result within app. 2 workdays.
- An overview of the eight principles underpinning the M_o_R
- How the principles support Corporate Governance
- A detailed explanation of the process model and lifecycle that form the basis of the M_o_R method
- Key M_o_R documents used in association with the process M_o_R Techniques
M_o_R Embedding Techniques
- Practise use of the Risk Management Healthcheck and Maturity Model Assessment techniques.
M_o_R Practitioner exam preparation
- Review of a case study and sample exam questions, mapped against key areas of the M_o_R manual.
- How to structure your time during the exams
- Practise the different types of Practitioner objective testing exam format, multiple-choice questions
Trainers and course materials are accredited by PeopleCert.
The course and examination is held in English.
- The official Cabinet Office Manual – Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners
- M_o_R Pre-course Workbook
- Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course
- M_o_R Practitioner exam
- Lunch, tea and coffee during the course
The M_o_R® courses on this page are offered by Peak Consulting Group (ATO) of AXELOS Limited. M_o_R® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.