PRINCE2 Foundation is an intensive course which aims at equipping you with a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 methodology for use in running successful projects, as well as enabling your successful completion of the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
- Learn and understand the PRINCE2 method
- Develop a thorough understanding of Best Practice Project Management through the PRINCE2 method
- Pass the Foundation exam
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow you to move on to Practitioner level
Participating in the PRINCE2 Foundation course will give you detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 method. You will also gain knowledge of the seven principles, processes, and themes central to running projects using this method.
Upon successful completion of your exam, you will receive the recognised PRINCE2 Foundation qualification.
This course is relevant, if you see the need for a controlled approach to managing projects, either individually or at organisational level. You are involved in projects as e.g. team member, project manager or project support.
This course focuses on process oriented project management and knowledge of project work would be to your personal advantage.
The course is held as an intensive 3-day daytime course.
As participant you are expected and encouraged to contribute actively during the course activities which will alternate between theoretical reviews and exercises. Theory will be reviewed in relation to practical examples. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to test your progress against mock exam papers.
The course concludes with a one hour long Foundation exam. The exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 75 questions and 5 test questions and do not count in the total score. In order to pass the exam, you must have 35 correct answers out of 70. You will receive your exam result immediately after the exam. Upon a successful result, you will subsequently receive your certificate by mail.
We recommend that you spend an estimated 20 hours going through the pre-course work book prior to your participation in the course. Evening work during the course will be required.
- Basics of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 Principles, Themes and Processes
- Project Lifecycle
- Processes, themes and documents used to assess viability of the project
- Initiation Stage
- Processes, themes and documents used to initiate a project
- Subsequent Delivery Stages
- Processes, themes and documents used to run through, more than once if necessary, the subsequent delivery stages
- Final Delivery Stage
- Processes, themes and documents used to complete the project, handing it over to operations.
- PRINCE2 Foundation exam preparation
- Review of typical exam questions, mapped against key areas of the PRINCE2 manual
- How to approach the exam
- Mock exam practice
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the PRINCE2 manual and a pre-course workbook including exercises. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual.
The trainers are highly experienced consultants, actively providing advice and assistance in relation to project, programme and portfolio management. This means that they bring both a high level of practical experience and theoretical knowledge to the course. Trainers and course materials are accredited by PeopleCert.
The course is held in Danish or English, using course and examination materials in each respective language.
- The official PRINCE2 manual (in English or Danish, depending on your course registration)
- PRINCE2 Foundation Pre-course workbook (in English or Danish, depending on your course registration)
- Access to PRINCE2 templates and quizzes (in English)
- Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course
- PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Meals and refreshments during the course
The PRINCE2® courses on this page are offered by Peak Consulting Group (ATO) of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.