PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner is an intensive course which aims at equipping you with a comprehensive knowledge of the PRINCE2 method as well as enabling your successful completion of both PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
- Learn and understand the PRINCE2 method
- Link the PRINCE2 principles, processes, themes products to a project scenario
- Develop thorough understanding of Best Practice Project Management through PRINCE2
- Pass Foundation and Practitioner exam respectively
Tthe PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course will give you a thorough knowledge of the PRINCE2 method. You will also gain knowledge of the seven principles, processes, and themes key to running projects according to the PRINCE2 method. Upon successful completion of your exam, you will receive the Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate.
This course is relevant, if you want knowledge of the PRINCE2 method, or you either individually or organisation wide seek a controlled approach to project management and dealing with projects. You are involved in projects as e.g. team member or project manager.
This course focuses on process oriented project management and knowledge of project work according to PRINCE2 would be to your personal advantage.
The course is held as an intensive 5-day daytime course without overnight accommodation. The course runs from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Day 1-4, and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m on Day 5. Please note that evening work will be required.
As participant you are encouraged to actively contribute during course activities which alternate between theoretical reviews and exercises. Theory will be reviewed in relation to practical examples. You will also have the opportunity to test your progress against mock exam papers.
On Day Three of the course, the Foundation exam is held, and on Day Five, the final day, of the course, the Practitioner exam is held. The Foundation exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 75 questions. 5 of these are trial questions which do not count in you result. In order to pass the exam, you must have 35 correct answers out of the remaining 70.
You may not bring the PRINCE2 manual or any other aids to the exam. You will receive your exam result immediately after the exam.
The course concludes with a Practitioner exam. This 2½ hour exam consists of 9 questions containing 12 sub questions, each of which equals 1 mark, giving a total of 108 marks. The required score to pass is 59 (55%). You may bring the PRINCE2 manual to the exam.
APM Group will mark your exam paper, and you may expect to receive your Practitioner result within approximately 10 weeks. Upon a successful result, you will receive your certificate by mail.
Your Practitioner certificate will expire after five years, requiring a re-examination to uphold the certificate.
- Basics of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 Principles, Themes and Processes
- Processes, themes and documents used to assess viability of the project
- Processes, themes and documents used to initiate a project
Subsequent Delivery Stages
- Processes, themes and documents used to run through, more than once if necessary, the subsequent delivery stages
Final Delivery Stage
- Processes, themes and documents used to complete the project, handing it over to operations.
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam preparation
- Review of typical exam questions, mapped against key areas of the PRINCE2 manual.
- Review of the different types of exam questions
- How to structure your time during the exams
- Mock exam practice marked and feedback given by the trainer
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the PRINCE2 manual and a pre-course workbook including exercises. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual. We recommend that you spend an estimated 20 hours going through the pre-course work book prior to your participation in the course.
The trainers are highly experienced consultants, actively providing advice and assistance in relation to project, programme, and portfolio management. They bring both a high level of practical experience and theoretical knowledge to the course. Trainers and course materials are accredited by APM Group.
The course is held in Danish or English, using course and examination materials in each respective language.
- The official PRINCE2 manual (in English or Danish, depending on your course)
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Pre-course workbook (in English or Danish)
- Access to PRINCE2 templates and quizzes (in English)
- Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course
- PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
- Meals and refreshments during the course
- Max. 14 participants
The PRINCE2® courses on this page are offered by Peak Consulting Group (ATO) of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.