At this course, you will be introduced to techniques and subjects relevant for the experienced and more advanced user of T-SQL, on a Microsoft SQL server.
Since you are going to work with UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP statements you must have more extended rights on your database. The course will also be relevant for you, if you just want to get some knowledge about the possibilities on the platform. If you work on other platforms than Microsoft, the course may still be of interest for you since the same possibilities exists on other platforms.
The Course will run un a Microsoft SQL Server Database using T-SQL.
The course will be conducted in English.
We strongly recommend that you participate in our course SQL-basic before entering this course, or in other ways have achieved the expected basic knowledge about T-SQL and relational databases.
Apart from that, we recommend that you show up in time on the day of the course, willing to learn, and we can promise you the best possible course experience.
You will get
Before the course
- The opportunity to speak with one of our instructors about finding the right course for you.
During the course
- Teaching by the most experienced instructor team in our cozy and fully updated classrooms located in the center of Copenhagen.
- A course that consists of a both theory and practical exercises. We know the importance of having practical exercises and hands-on is always in focus during the courses.
- A course material you can use as an encyclopedia after the course and downloads of course exercises.
- Full accommodation, which includes breakfast, fresh coffee, tea, fruit, soft drinks, lunch in an Italian restaurant on Gråbrødretorv, cake, candy and off cause Wi-Fi to your devices.
- A course certificate as a proof of your new skills.
After the course
- Access to our free hotline service, which means that you up to a year after the completing of the course can contact us if you have questions regarding subjects from the course.
- We have a unique satisfaction guarantee in order to ensure you the complete benefit from the course.
Module-1: Datatypes and related problems in SQL
The aim and purpose of this module is to get focus on the different datatypes that T-SQL supports. The focus is mostly on date and string type.
- Date / Time
Module-2: Advanced SQL
In this module, you will be introduced to some advanced concepts in T-SQL.
- Common table expression
- Pivot and unpivot
- Ranking functions
Module-3: Variables and programming
In this module, we will introduce the different possibilities for programming in T-SQL.
- Declaration of variables
- Scope and lifetime
- IF, ELSE
- BEGIN, END
Module-4: Temporary tables and Table variables
In this module, we will introduce tables to store selected data temporary. We will also start using table variables and discus the pro´s and con´s of these objects.
- Creating temporary tables
- Creating Table variables
In this module, you will be introduced to different types of cursors. When and where to use them.
- Types of cursors
- Settings of cursors
Module-6: Dynamic SQL
In this module, we will introduce you to the use of Dynamic SQL, which is often used in Storedprocedures.
- Using EXEC
- Using sp_excutesql
Module-7: Introduction to Views
In this module, you will learn about Views. What is a view and why would you use a View. Creating Views to select, Insert, Update data and views to validate data.
- Create / Edit / Drop View
- Update with a view
- View options
Module-8: Introduction to functions
In this module, we will introduce the concept of user defined functions. How do you create your own function and how do you use it afterwards.
- Create / alter / drop function
- Scalar functions
- Table functions
Module-9: Introduction to stored procedures
In this module, you will be introduced to stored procedures. Stored procedures is a very important object on a Microsoft SQL Server. You will be working with stored procedures taking input parameters and having output.
- Create / alter / drop stored procedure
- Stored procedures with parameters
The purpose of this module is to introduce you to the concept of transactions. Transactions is one of the important tools to make sure that data in your database are valid. If errors occur in parts of a process you will be able to roll back all the actions you tried to perform.
- Commit / rollback