About this course
This course teaches IT professionals how to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 solution.
Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, persistent chat, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in the infrastructure.
This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business, but does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Skype for Business Online as well as how to migrate from previous versions of Lync Server. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-334.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business deployment in their organizations.
Experience with previous versions of Lync Server is beneficial but not required to take this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services, data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business.
Students should also be familiar with Exchange Server and Office 365.
Also, IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-334A: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Communications certification will take this course as preparation material.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS
- Experience working with certificates, including PKI certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture of Skype for Business 2015 and design a Skype for Business 2015 topology.
- Install and implement Skype for Business Server 2015.
- Administer and manage Skype for Business Server 2015 by using the various available tools.
- Design and implement clients and users in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement conferencing in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and implement additional conferencing options.
- Design and implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and implement connectivity for external users and organizations.
- Design and implement Persistent Chat in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and implement high availability in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and implement disaster recovery scenarios for Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and deploy Skype for Business hybrid.
- Design and implement an upgrade from Lync to Skype for Business 2015.
The course will be held in Danish