In this three-day course, you focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN 6.7.
You learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. You gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of hands-on lab exercises.
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN
This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere ClientTM
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vSAN architecture
- Identify vSAN features and use cases
- Configure vSAN networking components
- Configure a vSAN cluster
- Deploy virtual machines on a vSAN datastore
- Configure virtual machine storage policies
- Perform ongoing vSAN management tasks
- Configure vSAN encryption
- Control vSAN resynchronization tasks
- Create and manage nested fault domains
- Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
- Configure a stretched cluster and observe failover scenarios
- Describe vSAN interoperability with VMware vSphere features and other products
- Plan and design a vSAN cluster