Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course.
This course provides the hands-on training that can help you prepare for the Microsoft Specialist exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. You will learn the skills you need to deploy and manage a Microsoft Server Virtualization infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
You will learn how to configure, manage, and maintain Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager including networking and storage services.
You will learn how to configure key Microsoft Server Virtualization features such as Generation 2 Virtual Machines, Replication Extension, Online Export, Cross-Version Live Migration, Online VHDX Resizing, Live Migration Performance tuning as well as Dynamic Virtual Switch Load Balancing and virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS). As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview and System Center 2012 R2 Preview.
This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT decision makers who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
The course materials Microsoft Digital MOC (DMOC) will be used for this course.
The course materials and lab exercises are in English. To benefit fully from our instruction, students need an understanding of the English language and completion of the prerequisites.
The course will be conducted in Danish.
Microsoft Labs Online is not available for this course