Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration training course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage applications in the datacenter and instantly deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Learners will receive training for installing and configuring Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2, Citrix Receiver and plug-ins, as well as for using administrative consoles and tools to configure resources, policies, server and farm settings, printers, virtualized applications and more.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and systems administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, including Windows 2008 R2 administrators interested in becoming a XenApp administrator. Existing XenApp administrators or systems engineers interested in updating their XenApp skills, receiving Citrix authorized training on XenApp 6.5, or achieving certification for XenApp 6.5 are ideal candidates. Systems engineers, sales engineers, analysts, consultants and architects also are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Familiarity with application virtualization technologies, such as Citrix application streaming or Microsoft App-V
- Basic understanding of Windows Server networking concepts, such as DNS, IIS®, load balancing, and file and printing services
- Exposure to basic system administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade procedures and high availability operations
- Familiarity with server monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates