A Whats New module covering the 5.6 features has been added, although all labs remain on version 5.0.
This course for experienced users of VMware® vSphere® teaches skills in the use of VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ as a forensic and predictive tool. The course is based on VMware ESXi™ 5.x, VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.x, and vCenter Operations Manager 5.x
Experienced system administrators and system integrators
- Hands-on experience administering vSphere 5 deployments
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5] recommended
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find the root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
- Articulate the use case for the new policy structure in vCenter Operations Manager and how it can be used to define configuration settings for objects in a vSphere environment.
- Work with groups to classify virtual objects in logical and business-related structures and how to apply them to policies.
- Define new use cases based on the optimized integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ products like VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™, VMware® vFabric™ Hyperic®, VMware® vCenter™ Infrastructure Navigator™, and other adapters.